Dehumidifiers

dehumidifierA home dehumidifier is an important device for every home. When a home has too much moisture, health issues will soon follow. In fact, excessive moisture in the home can lead to mold, mildew, a musty, damp odor, and aggravate conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. It isn’t only health issues that are affected by excessive humidity and moisture either. Too much moisture will also cause your paint to peel, your walls to develop mold and mildew spots, and can deteriorate your wallpaper. There is no doubt about it; excess moisture is hazardous to your home as well as your health. The answer is to choose a home dehumidifier that will effectively remove excess moisture from your home.

S&J Jamrog will help you decide what size you want, as well as where you will keep it. Many homeowners use several dehumidifiers, keeping one in the basement to prevent mold and mildew from flourishing. It’s important to understand that the sizing of dehumidifiers and in most cases a whole house dehumification unit is the best way of removing the moisture in your home.

Because it reduces the amount of moisture in your home, many allergens will no longer thrive. This is a relief for those who suffer from any type of respiratory condition. Mold, mildew, even dust mites will no longer have the breeding grounds to flourish and pose a threat to both your health and your home. In addition to using your dehumidifier, you’ll need to ensure that you clean it regularly and maintain it according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. By using your dehumidifier according to the manufacturer’s instructions, you can rest assured that you are effectively removing and reducing moisture and harmful allergens, mold, and mildew from your home.

Since high humidity increases the amount of moisture in the air, it also increases and speeds up the growth of many respiratory irritants. These include mold, mildew, and allergens. These can irritate the lungs and nasal passages of healthy individuals but can be extremely detrimental for those who suffer from weakened immune systems or respiratory illnesses. Those who suffer from allergies, asthma, bronchitis, or have a weakened immune system will find great relief from adding one to the environment.